Saturday, August 21, 2010

Caricaturation

car·i·ca·ture

a picture, description, etc., ludicrously exaggerating the peculiarities or defects of persons or things: His caricature of the mayor in this morning's paper is the best he's ever drawn.


When looking for art jobs, sometimes I come across mentions of doing caricatures at a zoo or something. I've always thought they looked cool, but didn't really consider it my line of art. However, more recently I really had the urge to do some, but didn't know how.. even though maybe it's sort of self-explanatory. So I read a brief article about it and just decided to dive right in. Some people just look so normal, though; they're the hard ones to do. Haven't got around to maybe caricatures in color yet, but one day they will be.





No comments: